Reference Letters (procedures, analyses, wording)
Preparing reference letters is a daily task for HR departments. The challenge is to produce an individual testimonial for the employee that is compliant with legal German standards. Furthermore, reference letters are a company’s calling card.
Goal and contents:
Our trainings sensitize HR managers in all topics regarding reference letters and provide hands-on support for daily business.
Training contents can be:
- The process: from request by the employee to finalizing a reference letter
- Developing a goal-oriented check-list/guideline for processing and cost efficient management
Contents and modules:
- Present your company
- Design of responsibilities and tasks
- Identify practical wording and phrases for performance and individual conduct with or without text generating software
- Identify individual phrases for personal wishes and farewells
- Interpret the “black list” of hidden items
- Find out about legal background: who is entitled to receive a reference letter; how many pages; what to do if the employee files a complaint
The duration of the training depends on booked contents. Usually, at least 1-2 training days are required. The training will be conducted “in-house”.
Included in the training is the preparation, conduct, as well as the evaluation and follow-up (e.g. in form of a protocol). The price is € 1000 per training day (excl. VAT).
Back to top